Lam of London is Lisa McNair, a Freelance Footwear Designer and Product Developer
with over 10 years experience.
After years in the footwear industry, I am well versed in all areas, from brand direction/ mood board work to sketches and final product development. I’m truly passionate about shoes and that’s why I’ve chosen to specialise in new business start ups, working closely with new brands in helping them achieve their goal.
Taking care of the environment is important to me and therefore I try to focus on UK or EU production, helping my clients keep their carbon footprint to a minimum during development and production. Working with factories that have a heritage and love of footwear means the end result is product that’s crafted and cared for.
- 6 or 12 month development planning
- Mood, trend, colour, silhouette and brand direction work
- Range building
- Last and sole design/development
- Initial thumbnail sketched ideas
- CADs through to final colour footwear specifications
- Product development, sourcing assistance
- Guidance/assistance in preparation for selling product (trips to fairs/exhibitions)
The level of involvement you want is up to you...